Beware:Newsmax magazine is a scam!

I canceled my subscription numerous times by clicking on the "cancel subscription" button since August. 2011.

In September they charged me $54 on my credit card. Wrote them a letter complaing, insisting on my cancellation, and asking for a refund. Nothing happened.

Wrote again in October warning them I would complain to BBB, the Commercial Attache of the US Embassy in Guatemala, and to my lawyers. I told them they were a disgrace to the conservative movement and to US business at home and abroad. They fell silent and no longer sent me any more material.

Yesterday I received a charge on my credit card for $39.95 made on Dec 20, 2011. Visa insists that I pay. Sent Visa copies of my correspondence with these crooks and now Visa insists I have to pay them unless I show them a written cancellation from Newsmax I don't have and never will.

How do I get my money back from these unethical individuals? How do I stop them from continuing to charge my credit card, other than cancelling it?

The numerous complaints Newsmax receives suggests that it isn't a question of inefficiency, but of ethics. Stay away from Newsmax and all of the businesses associated with them!

Carlos Widmann

Helpful? 33 Yes 33 1 No 1
Had the same issue 9 Yes 9
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Oct 23 #1052821

I ordered a year's issues 12 months ago;never received any!!!!

Oct 27, 2014 #891326

Go to your Bank and CANCEL THAT CARD, and let the Bank get your Funds Back!

Oct 27, 2013 #733877 Atlanta, Georgia

Yep, these reviews are made by a bunch of whining liberals.

1 2 Reply
B.S. Brooks

Oct 24, 2013 #732896

I have had no problems with Newsmax. I received the book I had ordered and was able to cancel without any problems a subscription to their Ultimate Wealth Report. I used their toll free number. The credit was posted within a couple of days. Could it be that all of you complaining about Newsmax don't like the company's conservative stand on political issues?

Let's be fair and objectiv

Aug 26, 2013 #707128 Pompano Beach, Florida

Newsmax does indeed appear to be a crooked, thieving organization. It's easy for them to bill your debit card; it's the difficulty you encounter when you try to stop it. Newsmax will say they have credited you, but you will receive no credit, and they will blame your bank for failing to forward their refund. They should be strung up. Money is time, and time is life. Newsmax is therefore stealing your life. If there were justice, which there is usually not, Newsmax would be able to be stopped. But you get caught in the lair of Mr. Injustice - the psychotic Injustice in America where stealing money and failing to pay is let off the hook.

0 0 Reply
pissed off these people suck

Aug 01, 2013 #691869 Kansas City, Kansas

this is a scam it happend 2 me my credit card company took care of it for me thank god

Taiwo Daboiku

Nov 09, 2012 #566885

They did the same to me. They charge my credit card on Sept 28, $49, Oct 23, $99, Oct 27, $99 for a ordering a book from their website which only cost $7.49. I am furious and agree at the republican and Newt Gingirich. We need to unite and fight these ***.

0 1 Reply

Oct 29, 2012 #561679

Dear "CS1422"

You should be ashamed to work for an outfit that: a/ apparently practices financial fraud on a routine basis, and 2/ also fraudulently passes itself off as a legitimate, objective newsource...

Eleanor Gaetano

Oct 16, 2012 #555984

The magazine, the newletters, the radio offer -- all scams. I'm furious that folks such as ewt Gingrich and *** Morris (well, he's a *** anyway) endorse NewsMax and therefore legitimize it. Stay away!!!

Also got robbed by Newsmax - U

Oct 05, 2012 #551336

Same story. Bought a book couple years ago, got newsletters that I requested be stopped. One day $59 charge shows up. I called them, said it would be refunded "right away". Also called CC company same day to inform them. CC said Newsmax had 15 days to refund before they would take action. at 15 days I filed with BBB. Immediately got email from Newsmax. Said they could not refund if in dispute, which is false, and they had 15 days to do so. I am pursuing further with BBB and making sure CC knows to go all out with the dispute. Unethical company

Jul 17, 2012 #514327

order a new credit card, say it is lost , and you will get a new credit card number

Feb 21, 2012 #434699

I Just got this renewal letter and have never heard of this company! I am calling tommorow and hoping they havent taken any money, or how did they have my info???? This is scary.

Feb 13, 2012 #428704

As part of the Newsmax customer service team, I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue. We take these types of situations seriously.

In addition to the disclosures made at the time of the offer, Newsmax Media makes additional disclosures:

1. With the delivery of the discounted product, we send a large written notice reminding purchasers they accepted the premium product with their agreement to allow for automatic check or credit deduction at the end of the subscription term if they did not cancel.

2. 45 days prior to the automatic deduction, Newsmax Media’s subscription Fulfillment Company, a nationally recognized firm, sends a notice by mail to all subscribers, reminding them their subscription is up for renewal. The customer has the option to cancel.

3. On the credit card statement used for the automatic deduction, the company includes an 800 number for consumers to call if they wish to dispute the deduction. The company policy is to give a full and prompt refund to customers who dispute the deduction.

In all cases, the company policy is that the customer can cancel at any time for a full refund. If you would, please call (800) 485-4350 [Monday through Friday 9 am to 10 pm ET]. We would greatly appreciate the opportunity to resolve this issue to your satisfaction, and strongly encourage you to contact us at your earliest convenience so we may do so.... Show more

Jan 17, 2013 #595002 Meriden, Connecticut

CS1422 ... you'r a f*cking sc*mbag loser shill

Aug 26, 2013 #707133 Pompano Beach, Florida

Send the cancellation. They just may do what they did to me: disregard it.

Sep 26, 2013 #722096

*** scam-artists,...

1 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Newsmax. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Newsmax.
Filing a new complaint about